Wednesday 27 March 2013

AMU Vice Chancellor Lt. Gen (Retd) Zameeruddin Shah’s appeal to students

0
My dear Students,

1. Assalamualaikum. I must write to you all because of some disturbing developments on the campus. As your guardian it is my duty to guard your interests but also correct you when you go wrong.

2. I have had two aims in mind:-

(a) To ensure unhindered academic activity so that my students are equipped for a bright

future. I will not order closure of AMU unless things go absolutely out of control.

(b) I will not permit police on the campus, unless life and property are threatened.

3. Unfortunately this resolve of mine has been tested by indiscipline of the office bearers of the Students’ Union. There was an attempt to attack my car when I was leaving office on 23 March 2013.

4. Attendance. I had been cautioning you that I would not condone shortfall of attendance. This year I accepted 65% and exempted you from producing medical certificates which, I know, are fake in most cases. I am cautioning that from next academic year 75% physical attendance will be compulsory. The 25% attendance is to cater for medical requirements/social obligations. There will, again, be no requirement for (fake) medical certificates.

5. Dharnas. I have no objection to peaceful protests. Blocking of roads and locking up university gates will not be resorted to. Any students who attempt this illegal act will be punished.

6. Behaviour in Kennedy Hall. I have noticed that some cowards, taking advantage of the dark, shout and whistle. This behavior one observes in third rate cinema halls. AMU students belong to the best university of the country and should observe proper “Tehzeeb” and decorum in Kennedy Hall.

7. Salutations. When I arrived at AMU I noticed the absence of greeting of elders/seniors. It reflected very low morale and respect for teachers/elders. I myself greeted several students, first, and they gave me the excuse that they had not recognized me. I hope, by now, you can identify your Vice-Chancellor. Even if you don’t respect him, remember, he is your grand father’s age and is striving to do everything possible for your betterment.

8. I understand your problems of poor quality food and water, dirty toilets, over crowding in hostels and lack of internet connectivity. I assure you these problems will be corrected but will take some time. I request you to keep the so called student “Netas” in check, otherwise I will be compelled to resort to methods I don’t like to use – after all you are my children and I have my duty towards you.

LT. GEN. (RETD.) ZAMEER UDDIN SHAH



Author Image
AboutMd Mudassir Alam

Soratemplates is a blogger resources site is a provider of high quality blogger template with premium looking layout and robust design

No comments:

Post a Comment