Friday 13 January 2012

I am Kishanganj! My Hope, My Pride, lies on ‘Youths’ – the Generation X

0
A Special Article on Foundation Day of Kishanganj - January 14

Main Kishanganj Hoon "I am Kishanganj", your loving place, your abode, your passion and your proud identity. Many of you also find me like ‘Heaven’ and fondly referred to as a ‘God Gifted Place’. I adore all the good words and references used for me by my beloved inhabitants, and really thankful for being so kind to me – Kishanganj. I am proud to claim myself as one of the most secular places in the country, where the people of different religious faiths live in perfect brotherhood and harmony. In fact, it would be not wrong if someone claims Kishanganj – a true picture of deep culturally rooted India, which boasts of about 5000 years old history.


January 14, is my birthday, hope you all know about my foundation day and the history behind my existence. When the district administration, officials and locals of the district are doing preparation to celebrate my Birthday in their own ways at grand level, being Kishanganj I wish to share some important issues with you all. About two decades ago on January 14, 1990, I came into existence as the district of Kishanganj after separation from the erstwhile Purnea district. Thanks to the politicians, activists, social workers, journalists and locals of the area who had struggled for a long time to provide me the status of a district from a Sub-Division of Purnea district. Finally the long struggle resulted into my foundation on January 14, 1990.

Before my existence as a district, I was a Sub-division and also witnessed a major struggle in 1960s – 70s, when I was being separated from Bihar and clubbed into West Bengal. Lastly, my ardent inhabitants won and I remained the part of Bihar. However, very little is known about my history earlier than that especially before Independence. Some resources claim that during Mughal period  Kishanganj district was the part of Nepal and was known as Nepalgarh. Mughal Emperor Shah Alam appointed Mohammed Raza at Surajapur for administration. Md. Raza captured the fort of Nepalgarh and name gets converted to Alamganj and administration gets shifted to Khagra.

During the period of Khagra Nawab, Mohammed Fakiruddin, one hindu saint arrived , he was tired and wanted to rest at this place, but when he heard that this place name is Alamganj ,the river name is Ramzan and the Jamindar name is Fakiruddin , he refused to enter at Alamganj. After that the Nawab decided and announced some portion from Kishanganj Gudri to Ramzan pool, Gandhi Ghat as Krishna-Kunj . As time passed by the name gets converted to present Kishanganj.

I don’t claim the above history authentic or 100% true, but as nothing is found in the written format. Hence besides fractured historic evidences, nothing crude is available about my existence anywhere. However, don’t care about my historic past, I wish to discuss about my present and future. Frankly speaking, Kishanganj is weeping over its position since decades. Despite being one of the most beautiful places to live on the earth, I had been neglected by the caretakers (politicians) since independence. Be it the education, employment, communication, health and sanitation, safety or fundamental rights, I literally weep day and night on the dismal condition of mine.

Importantly I don’t put all blames to the MPs, MLAs, and other politicians for my current situation, which is really bad and need urgent attention. My beloved residents are equally important for my ill-fating status and not giving proper attention to the root causes and the ways to overcome those. If we blame politicians for all the glitches, then we can’t deny the fact that they are bring into power by common people only. So, the power of vote is not properly utilized, and once any candidate wins the election, we do nothing except blaming them for next 5 years. India is a democratic country, and I am not an exception, so change of guards happen in every 5 year. But still the basic issues remain the same and hardly anyone cares to eradicate them.

Sadly corruption has deeply entered into my nerves and I battle with ‘tauts’ (Dalas) in my every nook and corner. Be it the dealing of land or any work in government offices, the booking of train tickets or social welfare organisations, the ‘Cancer of Corruption’ is damaging my neat and clean status at a fast pace. If it continues for few more years, then certainly I can say ‘Kishanganj’ will be considered among India’s most corrupt places to live in.

I am really afraid of such ‘shameful’ references and keep myself as a ‘most lovely places to live in India and the world as well’. Now the question? How can it be possible? Don’t get puzzled, I am seeing a bright ray of hope somewhere in the ‘Youth Generation’ of the district. Today the youths in India are referred to as the ‘Generation Next or X’, who hardly cares for the native land. But, the ‘Youths’ belonging to me are different from the rest of world, and besides being an updated and accomplished professional they have the unique characteristic of thinking about the native place.

I had witnessed lots of glitches in the past and currently carry the poor tag of ‘India’s most backward and least literate district’. My youths are able to speak the modern languages, they are able to work in different fields such as Medicine, Technology, Management, Social Work, Journalism, Education, and much more. And the emotional quotient about the ‘mother land’ and caring nature for their own people, make them thinkable about Kishanganj and its upliftment. On my birthday as a district, Kishanganj itself ensures that the bell of development is knocking my door and if you all rely on the ‘Youth Generation’ and also bless them, the world will be yours and surely the ‘K’ of Kishanganj can be converted into ‘K’ of Kerala or Karnataka.
Author Image
AboutMd Mudassir Alam

Soratemplates is a blogger resources site is a provider of high quality blogger template with premium looking layout and robust design

No comments:

Post a Comment